Monday 5 September 2011

armchair journeys #8

...I have not posted an 'armchair journeys' for a while - the reason - well, this is a collection of posts to introduce you to places that I like to visit when I sit and browse through web sites, not knowing where one will take me and where another will lead me to - and the problem is I have simply not had a moment to indulge in being extravagant with time, as there's been no spare minutes or hours, which is a good thing as it means I have been busy being a mad ol' stationer.

However, September for me is a research month, where I re-collect my thoughts and plan for the seasons ahead, new marketing ventures, new samples to produce, new collections to design, new products to explore.....


So here it is armchair journeys #8: kristen marie.


Let me introduce you to Kristen Tourtillotte, a wedding and portrait photographer based in Seattle - a bit long distance I know - but these fabulous photographers are willing to travel. If like me you fall in love with her work, then the price of a plane ticket may be something to consider.

Kristen's work is so beautiful, capturing all the emotion, the intimacy, you can almost hear the conversation of the people in the photographs, feel as if you can tell the time of day from the light captured.....

...so I contacted Kristen and she has kindly given me permission to show you a snippet of her work here on my blog. When I first discovered this amazing lady I spent nearly an hour on her site during my first visit, so you have been warned! So pull up a chair, a pot of tea, and enjoy, be inspired, be moved, take your time and travel through the months that are stored in her photographic log.....



























1 comment:

Alison said...

Such beautiful photographs. I particularly love the one with the little girls' eyes peeping over the chair - so delicious! Thanks for sharing Vic - I too am having an armchair journey!

Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...