Thursday 6 October 2011

seventies child

On my way home from Whitby last weekend I bought bunches and bunches of statice from the local car boot sale. The lady was wonderful, sat amongst home grown produce that made me a tad envious. But when I got home, woven amongst the statice, were tiny little clusters of everlasting flower. You know the kind, that looks as if they are made from tissue and that you used to make calenders with when you were in infant school for your Mum for Christmas (that is if you were a 70's child like myself). They always had that dried almost compost like smell - I can re-affirm that that aroma is still as everlasting as the flower itself. But I have fallen in love with the seventies passion for anything dried and floral and I will now be on a mission to fill the house with all that is dried and musty - I wonder if a previous love for spider plants and macrame hanging baskets will return.








3 comments:

katy said...

Absolutely beautiful xx

Jane said...

I bought some everlasting flowers just the other week from the flower stall at Guisborough market, they look great in jam jars. As for spider plants and macrame we had the lot in our house,even in the bathroom with the classic avacado suite and varnished cork tiles on the walls. As you can gather I'm a 70's child too.

Jane

Perdita Tinsel said...

I love a bit of 70s.

My mother in law always had crafty bits with everlasting flowers. They are so delicate and nostalgic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...