Tuesday 3 January 2012

Hoopy New Yur!!

Good morning. First day back? The school run was testing this morning - had to battle with wind and rain, but it was a clear reminder that we are still embedded in the winter months after hibernating in the warmth for two weeks.
I have written my annual 'wish list' notebook of all the little details I want to achieve and change. Lots of exciting plans. New Designs (arriving in February), a fabulous photo shoot that is taking place next week (will post little snippets here and more details to come), I don't normally exhibit at wedding fairs but I am attending a few this year and will keep you posted of where I will be and I am also organising with my gorgeous friend Becky Mitchell a Vintage Wedding Fair in Saltburn-by-Sea in April. One of the little notes in my book is to post here more often. Last year was such a busy year and I didn't get to post here too often, with the addition of Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook it is a full time job just managing all three!!! And of course they are addictive. So keep popping back every few days and I will try to ensure that there will be something new to inspire your creative side and take you on a journey to other designers/makers I have met on my travels (by foot and online)......I have already discovered new people whose work makes me go all 'sherbety' inside. Ideas are whirling around my head which I need to get drawn and painted out to start the new drawings for this year. The style of the new collections are 'handpainted florals' - here's a sneaky peak to the first. The seed was set when I was asked to produce a collection for Wedding magazine earlier this year (see here). Watercolour, brushmarks and pencil detailing all printed on a watercolour base card. This collection hasn't even been named yet!! So if you are a bride who is searching for a little bit of 'floral love' you may want to sent me a little note, I am a stationer who works on her own (with a little bit of help at times here and there) who is a textile designer by trade, who loves colour, loves florals, loves projects, loves styling, loves vintage and generally loves all that is stationery. I work with card and linen - have you seen my collections?

So I am about to start Day 1 of what appears to be a very eventful and exciting year. What are you looking forward to the most?

3 comments:

textile artist said...

Sounds like 2012 will be an amazing year for you.....:-) Please can you post details of how to visit/exhibit(???!!) at the saltburn fair......

vicky trainor said...

hi Chris, happy new year to you. Keep watching this space regarding details - we are going to apply a selection process to the exhibitors so we only have 1/2 people in the category. The venue is tiny so we wantt o ensure we make the mostof the space and waht we are offerring. Details will appear in February so watch this space!!

textile artist said...

thanx Vicky (sounds like I'll be a visitor....)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...