Friday 23 March 2012

"all change please"


 ...as you know at the beginning of the year I made a few alterations to this little blog.  I wanted to create a more structured approach to my week - have set posts on set days - it was to run swimmingly (oh yes!)!  ... thinking that that would be easier!

Visitors to my ponderings and journeys were stopping by more frequently (yeyyh! I still get excited to see how many of you visit here every day) - and therefore I felt the need to ensure that there was something to stop by for...instead of my normal sporadic ramblings. Easier said than done. 

There are a few small things that get in the way of posting in a regimented way- the general running of the business, sweet-gorgeous-children, family life, wedding and event fairs, domestic goddess duties, indulgent spurts of creativity, auction houses and car boot sales, and so on. 

The above seems funny really, as I naturally don't fit well with routine (it is because I am Aries apparently - according to a friend).  The reason why I run my own business is because I love the freedom, the excitement that not 'one' week is the same - clients change, projects change, my ideas change, the studios lay out changes.  So why have I been trying to organise the blog??? 

image credit.... Becky Mitchell

Therefore I am returning to my eclectic nature of ramblings.  I will still post 'The Filing Cabinet Interviews' on a Monday but Studio Details, Armchair Journeys, Just Because, Pinboard Palettes will appear simply when they appear, in an organic way, alongside 'new' flittering posts. Sometimes more than before and sometimes less depending on what the week brings.

But I thank you from the bottom of my heart for stopping by and hope you continue to do so.  I like to think I have a little community here.  I know most of you tend to leave comments concerning the blog over on my Facebook page (which is fabulous), but it would be great to hear what you have to say here too!!

So there you have it - I am returning to my nomadic style of blogging - and it feels so so so good - the pressure is now lifted.  Full stop.

Can you tell Spring is in the air?

What do you intend to spring clean....


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is lovely whenever and whatever you write so yes, be a free spirit! People will always keep popping back, and most of our lives aren't run on rails....although mine is at the moment as I'm having a car disaster (which I shall blog about if I ever get home!) X x

vicky trainor said...

hello Anonymous - you have just made me smile thank you! xx

Clare said...

Blogging is always easier said than done...
And sometimes just a picture of your wonderful stuff says everything xxxx
Love Clare
http://www.blushrose.co.uk/manchester-wedding-florist/

vicky trainor said...

and thank you Clare for all your support and kind words - it was so lovley meeting you last month!!xx

Alison aka Daisy said...

Absolutely agree with the gorgeous Clare ... just one of your fabulous photos is enough to get my heart thumping! Sometimes we overthink and therefore overcomplicate our 'plans', but it's the simple things that are always the most rewarding. You are a genius Vicky ... FACT ... and I suspect that all the visitors to your blog just adore whatever you choose to post, whenever you choose to post it.
Love you always my dear friend,

Ali x

Kate Fletcher said...

I totally agree! The nature of our job changes on a daily basis. To maintain twitter, facebook and blogs is a job in itself. We are not professional bloggers, but it's one of my favourite things on my 'to do' list. I try to post once or twice a week, some weeks I don't post at all and hope that my previous posts can keep new visitors amused for a while!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...