Wednesday 18 May 2011

armchair journeys #7




...on many a Thursday evening I travel round the globe searching for new finds, an image, an object that makes me stop in my tracks. I discovered these beautiful re-claimed pieces and have revisited and revisited, Swarm Home ever since that evening.

The craftmanship by Leslie Oschmann is stunning, I love how she has re-worked old and damaged paintings to re-invent them as pieces and extend their life further. As you all know this is how I spend my time in the sewing corner of my studio . I would love to own one of her bags, not to use, but to just hang on the wall, almost taking it back to its original function. Total admiration and inspiration, for not only the concept, but also how she makes you see the paintings differently to their original intention, a sliced vase of flowers, a stripe from a landscape, people taken from distant landscapes and brought to focus in a locket.....











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...