Thursday 5 May 2011

I remained patient and polite

...it's been one of those days today, when you take three steps forward and then 50 leaps back. I had a strange bombardment of marketing sales calls asking pretty much the same questions, all sounding as if they were reading off a script, and telling me it would only cost an arm and a leg to advertise with them. This is really not what you are wanting to listen to when you have deadlines on your deadlines...... But I remained patient and polite but in my head was swearing obscenities as each call was delaying me trying to earn money and not spend it. (If I wanted to be frivolous I would throw my well earned money at a luxury set of Jo Malone and Toast's complete collection of kitchenware !)...


Then Royal Mail decided to lose an order between Teesside and Cambridge so I re-made the order this afternoon to limit any unnecessary stress as my clients wedding is Saturday!!


I dream of being able to afford to employ a PA to do all of the niggling, chasing, errands. To listen to sales people, argue with royal mail's customer service, to mend (I'm always mending), to make a good cuppa, to throw a sandwich in front of me when I realise I haven't eaten since Tuesday, to remind me to pick up the kids from school, to remind me that I do infact have children, to remind me when it's my husband's birthday, and most importantly remind me to have a sense of humour on days like this!!!


So I leave you with a few pics of the latest reception signs (there are many more that have just been freshly baked). The new reception signs will be available from next week along with a fab-u-lous collection of new door signs....I will be opening the doors of my new Etsy shop next week too. So you have two options to either buy certain products over there or email me to see the brochure sheets - Etsy will be the quickest if you are in a bit of a hurry.......


I'm off to make dinner, fridge is empty apart from an aubergine, yoghurt and an inch of salami...where's Nigella when you need her..............never mind 'let them eat cake' pour the Chablis...

















2 comments:

claz1983** said...

These are so beautiful!

Leo said...

This was llovely to read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...